Reflecting on the past few days....

My youngest daughter in school will be out of school tomorrow, her two older sisters are already out because they finished exams on Monday.  This promises to be another long summer with limited funds.  So I have been looking at free or next to cheap things for my girls to do this summer.  We usually go the our two local theaters here (Regal and Carmike) for the kids summer movies during the summer. Another event we attend is the "movie in the park" provided by our local recreation and parks.  I enroll them every year in the summer reading program provided by our local library.  But other than that there isn't much to participate that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  But I decided to do something different since my oldest two will be juniors and help encourage the bonding before they leave for college.  They will began taking sewing and cooking lessons from my grandmother who makes everything from scratch and can probably promote her own clothing line on etsy if she wanted, which will help them become more independent young women and they spend time with their great grandmother.  I will help them start their own blog dealing with book and movie reviews and probably some fashion tips.  I have many other ideas which should keep them occupied for next to nothing, so stay tuned for our journey.......

Comments

Popular Posts