Do you remember when you started reading?

Growing up I was always a shy person. My mother loved to read and would take my brother, sister and myself to the used bookstore and Waldenbook’s all the time growing up. I credit my mother with my love of reading. Reading, for a girl living in the country who just happened to be extremely shy, allowed me to escape into a world where I could read and solve (in my mind) other teenager’s problems. I can recall sitting in middle school reading my teen romance or Sweet Valley High books and wishing for the love and not the angst of teen love. I guess I could say I really started reading in elementary book and the book I can recall that I love the most was Frog and Toad. So, I have been an avid reader for almost 35 years.

Do you know when you first started reading?

Comments

Popular Posts