What I thought about "Love in the Afternoon" by Lisa Kleypas

I am a long time fan of Lisa Kleypas and I don't think there is a book (historical or contemporary) that she has written that I haven't enjoyed.  I finished reading "Love in the Afternoon" within a day or two (yep I am one of those readers who can finish a book within the same day or the next day), because I love to read.  This book was the fifth and final installment in the historical romance series based on the Hathaway family.  I loved the entire series until I got to this book.

"Love in the Afternoon" is based on the adventures of the youngest sibling named Beatrix Hathaway and if you have read the previous books then you know she relates more to animals than she does to people.  So throughout reading the series I always wondered how the author would tell Beatrix story.  I felt as though the romance was more of an afterthought to the author and it was all about Beatrix trying to soothe a wounded soldier (as she would an animal).  I didn't hate the book, but I didn't enjoy it either. The best part was revisiting the Hathaway family one last time through Beatrix's character.  I felt as though her story was told the best way possible based on how her character was represented throughout the previous books, and I found her story very uninteresting.

So, this is my opinion of this book and by no means reflect what I think of Lisa Kleypas previous work.

Publish Post

Comments

  1. Hi, I tried to email you but I think I put an O instead of a 0...
    You won the $35 CSN Stores Gift Certificate giveaway! Just email me at justcallmecheap.erica @ gmail.com and I'll email your certificate. Congratulations and thanks for checking out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this review. It sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts

Popular Posts