Harry Potter, you will be missed

As summer approaches, so does the date when the final installment of Harry Potter will be released in theaters.  I will miss this mega-blockbuster.

I remember when I first saw Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stones, it was for rent (think on VHS) at Blockbuster (during the first week of release) and I wondered why are there so many copies of this movie.  I decided to rent this movie for my girls to watch, with no idea of just how big this movie was or how big the franchise would grow.  After watching the first movie and having never read any of the books, I fell in love.  I decided to investigate this Harry Potter more and found to my utter delight that it was based on a book (series of books) by author J.K. Rowling.  I proceeded to check this book out from my local library and at this time their were other books that were available in this series which I checked out and proceeded to read the books within a day or two and knew that I was in love.

I may choose over the next few months to go into detail about what and why I loved each book, but for right now I am looking ahead to the final installment of the Harry Potter movie being released in theaters and wonder what's next for Harry Potter fans.  Without any more books being written for this series and this being the final movie, I am at a lost as to what can we look forward to as Harry Potter fans.  I have started reading other books that are similar to Harry Potter, but for the life of me I can't help but compare these books and find them sorely lacking.  J.K. Rowling was able to  bring these characters to life and give them meaning to (we the faithful Harry Potter fans) and have us crying when each character that meant alot to Harry's character was killed.

I am looking forward to seeing how the director will end the movie and how close he will mimic the book.

Goodbye Harry Potter and all of your wizarding friends and maybe J.K. Rowling will take pity on us (faithful fans) and actually go back and add more detail to the end of Deathly Hallows and give a little more closure besides ending it with the end of the battle and then showing them as adults.

Comments

  1. Don't remind me! I absolutely loved the books. And the movies were great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to see the last film -- but so sad the series will be over. :( At least we can enjoy watching and reading it over and over! xo style, she wrote

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love harry potter! I'm sad it's over too :(
    La Petite Marmoset

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a lot of people are going to have withdrawals from potter mania. me included.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See the previews(trailers) has me even more excited and anxious about this being the END. But it was a great journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just saw this last weekend and felt the movie version ended well. yay for harry and his wizarding world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is something I would love my children to grow up learning about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like to reads your blog .. I wish if you continue post more ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts

Popular Posts